Around TSimpleGraph 2.61

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Around TSimpleGraph 2.61

Postby elias » May 9th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Hello everybody!
A lot of time away from computers; I have forgot using delphi and even writting English!!!
Started two days ago renewing my project, so I decided to update from 1.67 to last version; it seemed would be easy but I have found any problems.
The code is almost unrecognizable for me, now! ¡What a lot of changes!...
Well, the matter is that when I run the component, compiler shows me this Error:

File SGDEMO is vinculed to a GDI32.DLL:GetGlyphIndicesA of exportation that not exist.(Translation from Spanish)

I've been proving, and realized that to make it work is enough to erase this line:

Code: Select all
GetGlyphIndices(DC, PChar(EllipsisSingle), 1, @GlyphIndex, GGI_MARK_NONEXISTING_GLYPHS);

I don't have this problem when try the application in other computers, using Windows XP; At present I have installed windows 98 SE

It's possible that this is the reason for the other problems I'm having, I don't know; could you say me what is wrong?
Dont know anything about GDI32.DLLs...
AAARRRGH! what happens?
elias

Postby Kambiz » May 9th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Welcome back!

That is my fault. I used the function without considering the Windows compatibility issues. The GetGlyphIndices API is included in Windows 2000 and later.

Please replace

GetGlyphIndices(DC, PChar(EllipsisSingle), 1, @GlyphIndex, GGI_MARK_NONEXISTING_GLYPHS);

with

GlyphIndex := $FFFF;

Does anybody know how to check for persistence of a character in a font?
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects