about your products

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

about your products

Postby alexhaifa » December 12th, 2005, 11:36 am

Hello.

I have noticed that many of your components are very interesting. Today I am using assistent and it is wonderful, I don't know any other assistent component. Of course that a lot of brainwork is used to produce them. My curiosity is, why did you do them in freeway? Maybe you could make a good money with them. Without any doubt I would buy your component.

You told me that I could use the a old version of your component due to that problem I am having with windows 98. It is sad to know that I wil have to use this old version and stay away from the new benefits that will come in the future for this component. but if this is the only way to fix my problem, I will get it. I don't have this version, could you give a place where I could download it?

Once again

Thanks

PS: The world cup is coming, do you like football??
alexhaifa

Postby Kambiz » December 12th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Dear alexhaifa,

As I replied in the other topic, I don't keep the older version of my components, and I don't know where you may find an older version.

In the other hand, I don't have Windows 98 to check the problem out and fix it. Of course, I did fix the bug in version 3.24 and I don't know how it could be reoccurred. I guess it was regarding mutiple monitor management. I'm sure if you trace the code, you can find the source of the problem by yourself. Also, if you can tell me exactly on which line of code the problem occurs, I can do something about it.

Well, for freeware components I don't earn money, but they are a good way to improve my skills and knowledge using comments of all the developers how reviewed my work.

I like to watch football, but when there's absolutely nothing better to do. You may wonder, but we (my wife and me) don't have even a TV at home. :)

Cheers for now
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby alexhaifa » December 12th, 2005, 12:46 pm

Dear Kambiz

Thanks for you reply.

Well, I don't have windows 98 too installed in my machine, so it is hard to find the error. But could you tell me exactly where did you fix the problem, maybe I could find something there?

The problem in windows 98 is that appears a blue screen and gives an error with kernel when I call the balloon, :(

Thanks
alexhaifa

Postby alexhaifa » December 12th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Kambiz

No, regarding to Tv, that's ok! It is hard to have good things there too. A few months ago I had discovery, discovery health, discovery kids channel, well, I think they were the best channel on TV. But nowdays I don't have them anymore and TV I almost don't watch.

But you don't have TV due to your religion, isn't it True? You are muslim and that is a good religion. Here in brazil we have many muslim community, one day I made a visit in one mosque.
alexhaifa

Postby Kambiz » December 12th, 2005, 1:50 pm

I don't rememeber. I guess it was regarding the multi-monitor adjustment of the balloons.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Just a comment...

Postby elias » December 12th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Just a comment...
When I have to compare two codes of diferent versions I used to use WinMerge

http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/
elias

Postby Radagast » December 12th, 2005, 9:39 pm

Well, but you need two versions. And we don't know whether there's older version still available somewhere. Therefor the best idea (in my humble opinion) is to put loads of breakpoints in methods used while displaying baloon and find out which command causes the problem.
Actually I have Win98 and Delphi 6 at home, so I could check it during Christmas holiday, but I don't promise anything.
BTW Alexhaifa, could you please send me your program? It would be much easier not to write my own only for that purpose.
Radagast

Postby Kambiz » December 13th, 2005, 6:57 am

elias:
Thank you for the link to WinMerge. That's something very useful indeed.

Radagast:
Thank you for helping to solve this issue.

alexhaifa:
Your guess about my religion was wrong. :wink: Anyway, as a person who lives in an Islamic country, I can tell you that Islam has no confilict at least with TV.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby elias » December 13th, 2005, 8:38 am

:) I guess I did not understand the topic when I readed at first; so sorry..
elias

Postby alexhaifa » December 14th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Hi kambiz :) I really thought you were muslim, but no problem.

Well, that guy will take a look at, I would like to make this too, but as you I don't have windows 98 too :(

Thanks even though for your support.
alexhaifa

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects