Recording without creating file..

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Recording without creating file..

Postby BillyBubba » October 11th, 2005, 3:58 pm

First, love the components.

Is there a way to start recording at a particular part of the file instead of at the beginning. I am trying to allow the user to play a file up to a certain point then start recording. Furthermore, it would be great if I could give the user the option of inserting the new recording into the existing file or replacing everything from that point onward.

For example if I have a file that is 100 seconds, and the user plays the file or uses the new position property to move the file to the 60th second. Now, they record for 10 seconds. In they are in overwrite mode, the last 40 seconds of the original file are removed an the 10 new seconds are append i.e. 70 second file. If they are in insert mode, the 10 seconds are inserted in the middle of the file giving it a total length of 110 seconds.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated..
BillyBubba

Postby Kambiz » October 11th, 2005, 9:30 pm

Please in the readme file look for definition of TWave class.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

recording without creating file..

Postby BillyBubba » October 11th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Thank you for responding.

I looked a the TWave class, but did not see how you would start recording from the middle of the file...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
BillyBubba

Postby Kambiz » October 12th, 2005, 9:07 am

Using Wave Audio Package you can't start recording at the middle of a file, but you can merge the recorded streams as you wish.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects