Virtual sound card

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Virtual sound card

Postby cozturk » September 3rd, 2005, 2:14 pm

Hello,

I have a few memorystreams or generated by my app.

I want to send these memorystreams to wave mapper for recording? (recording also goes on in background and restarted at unknown time ).

But the streams doesnt come from physical input or wave playing. Is this possible?
cozturk

Postby Kambiz » September 4th, 2005, 2:17 pm

Could you please explain more clear about the content of the streams and your goal?
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cozturk » September 5th, 2005, 12:23 pm

1- select record mixer and mic. line

2- start recording by any program (windows sound recroder)

3- Now, the app.(windows sound recroder) grabs sound from mic. only

But our app. sends another stream on to recording stream directly . (for example periodically beep sound). Our program adds the stream to any going on recording.

or

We'll add a new line to record mixer. For example I installed a new modem . this driver added a new line to record mixer.

Our virtual line can like this modem line and should be any stream which our app. will send.
cozturk

Postby Kambiz » September 6th, 2005, 10:25 am

I don't know whether it's possible or no. But if you found the solution I would love to know it.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cozturk » November 30th, 2005, 11:02 am

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html
Virtual Audio Cable

Virtual Audio Cable is a Windows multimedia driver allowing you to transfer audio (wave) streams from one application to another. It creates a pair of Wave In/Out devices for each cable. Any application can send audio stream to Out device, and any other application can receive this stream from In device. All transfers are made digitally, providing NO sound quality loss. VAC is a "wave-version" of the "MIDI loopback cable" like MultiMid or Hubi's Loopback drivers.

If more than one applications are sending audio to VAC, it will mix all streams together. If more than one applications are receiving audio from VAC, it will share the same audio data between all targets.

VAC is useful to record application's audio output in real time (for example - Generator, Reality or other software synth), or transfer a sound stream to another application processing it. You can, for example, use two or more software audio generators/synthesizers/sequencors to produce audio streams sending them to VAC Out, and record the mixed stream from VAC In using any recording software - Windows Sound Recorder, Sound Forge, WaveLab, Cool Edit, Gold Wave, Cakewalk, Cubase etc.
cozturk

Postby Kambiz » December 1st, 2005, 6:46 am

Thank you cozturk!
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects