FindFile ability to add Regular Expressions???

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

FindFile ability to add Regular Expressions???

Postby raymond » January 15th, 2005, 2:33 am

I was out on www.delphipages.com tonight and saw a submission by E. Shipman re: regular expressions... (included as attachment)

It started me to thinking about TFindFile and new searching abilities...

I was wondering if this could be included within your wonderful TFindFile component????

It would be _VERY_ nice to be able to search on more specific conditions.... I know that searching with Reg Expressions may make the search slower... however this could be an option/property that could be enabled upon request to bring in a tremendous ability to increase the power of the search capabilities!!!!!!

Thanks for all the great work!!!!!!
--Raymond
raymond

Postby Kambiz » January 15th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Hi Raymond,

Honestly, I've got unmotivated on improving exisiting components or creating new ones. It just get my time without having any benefit.

Anyway, you can always use OnFileMatch event to check for extra criteria.

Thank you and regards,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby raymond » January 15th, 2005, 11:45 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I understand... time is precious and I find myself with too little of it for all the work, family, etc!!!

Your components are so very nice !

I guess if more people stopped to say "Thank you", you might feel differently...

So let me say - "Thank you!" for all you have done for the Delphi Community... I have used bits and pieces of your components here and there and have alway appreciated them, but have never said so... (sorry)

Keep up the great work and I hope that you do not feel like we do not appreciate all the effort you have given us... we do appreciate it very much!!!

Many thanks,
--Raymond
raymond

Postby Kambiz » January 17th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Thank you so much Raymond!

Maybe some people don't say thank you, but I know that it doesn't mean not appreciating. I too am such kind of person. ;)

I still enjoying component development. However, things for/after releasing a component are not enjoyable at all. Initially it's a hobby, but after it changes to duty.

Cheers,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby raymond » January 17th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Ahh yes... I support over 20 systems across 6 customers... like to say the development is fun (almost like a game :D )

But later support can be not so fun...

I still try to sneak in some development time here and there to keep the overall job fun...

Some weeks it works... others... well I try not to think about those weeks... :lol:

Take care,
--Raymond
raymond

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects