TprintPreviwe and PDF

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

TprintPreviwe and PDF

Postby St » September 13th, 2006, 11:48 am

Hello

is there any possibility to view a PDF file with PrintPreview component? And if not, are there any plans to implement it in the next release.

St
St

Postby Johnny_Bit » September 13th, 2006, 12:12 pm

No, It's at the time impossible straight out of the box. However you can get for free pdf rendering library and render pdf on pages of print preview.

As for adding such feature, I don't deveop it, but I'd opt for rather not doing it. I simplysee no sense in that.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: TprintPreviwe and PDF

Postby kokkoras » September 14th, 2006, 12:26 am

St wrote:Hello, is there any possibility to view a PDF file with PrintPreview component? And if not, are there any plans to implement it in the next release. St

An easy way to view PDFs within your app is to include the Acrobat activeX in delphi and then use the generated component to display the PDF. Of course, this requires that Acrobat is installed in the system. since Acrobat is free and everybody has it installed I can see no reason why you want to include such a functionality in your app (apart from integration).

Othen solution is to use one of the many components capable of displaying PDFs. The drawback is that most of them are not free.
Fotis
kokkoras

Postby St » September 15th, 2006, 8:47 am

Thank you for your answers.

I know about the possibility of using activeX component. But the reason for my question was as follows.
In my application I’m already using PrintPreview component. It is really great. I’m using it for viewing and printing some generated reports and couple of RTF files. And now I need to view also PDF files. Off course I can use activeX component, but it would be nice to have the same user interface for viewing all reports and RTF and PDF files.
St

Postby Johnny_Bit » September 15th, 2006, 12:20 pm

so do as I said, render pdf pages on print-preview pages. there are libs for that... GNU'ed I think.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects