Office Assistant -> A bug, problem and commercial usage??

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Postby ssabers » August 26th, 2006, 8:11 pm

Hi there

Thank you for a fantastic product. The Office Assistant is very impressive.

I wanted some dynamic content to be displayed in my balloon, so I decided to make webpages that display on a webbrowser component on my balloon.
1) One problem is that, as much as I try change the 'color' of the balloon, it never listens and stayed that creamy beigy colour. Is this an actual bug?

The webbrowser will display 'scrollbars' automatically when the webpage inside it is bigger than the size of your panel on your balloon. My problem is that if the user for example scrolls down on the webbrowser, and then moves the balloon, the balloon will repaint and set the webpage back to the beginning (which scrolls the webpage back up again). I am looking at ways of fixing this, but am not getting far.
2) Is there a way to stop the balloon from 'repainting' whenever it is moved?

I am very impressed by the Office Assistant package, and because it is 'freeware' I am going to use it in the DEMO version of the software I am releasing. I would obviously like to look at using it for the commercial version of my software, but am unsure if this is allowed
3) Am I allowed to use the Office Assistant in commercial software? Am I allowed to even use the Office Assistant in a free demo version of commercial software?
If not, you would be wise to tell people and maybe give them prices on using it.

Your feedback is appreciated
ssabers

Postby Kambiz » August 27th, 2006, 5:11 am

1. The Balloon.Color property determines the color of the balloon.
  2. After each movement, the component recalculates the position of anchor arrow, and resizes/reshapes the balloon. Disabling this behavior will cause another problems. Therefor, it is better to prevent scrolling of the web content by subclassing the WebBrowser component and write the appropriate code.
  3. You can use Assistant Package freely in commercial products.

Thank you!
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ssabers » August 27th, 2006, 3:30 pm

1) On the TAssistant Component I have set the Balloon -> Color property to clWhite, yet, when I run the application, it is still that beigy creamy colour. I have even tried setting it clWhite at run-time, and I've tried making my panel and the form clWhite. But to no avail.
Don't do anything special just for me, but if it is a bug at least you know about it.
I am using Delphi 7 on a Windows XP Service Pack 2 machine.

I have little/no experience in making things 'subcomponents' or the creation of classes, so I will probably cancel the balloon altogether, and see if I can get a form to magically follow the TAssistant, failing which I will remove the assistant altogether. Nonetheless a brilliant component

Thank-you for your feedback
ssabers

Postby Kambiz » August 28th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Could you please send me a small program (source) to demonstrate what you are going to achieve? Maybe I can fix the problems.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects