PicShow and Labels

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

PicShow and Labels

Postby BigChunks » April 30th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Hi there All,

PicShow is a great component, but I have found a small problem. I am working with D7 and each time I put a TLabel on top of a PicShow component it dissapears behind the PicShow component and is not seen during program execution. not too great if you are trying to make a slide show proggy!! :D

Is there some value I should be (or not) setting? I am a bit thick on these things :lol: so excuse me if i'm missing the obvious.

all the best,

Tony L.

PS: just had a look at the SimpleGraph demo - awesome!! I wish I had a need for it ;-)
BigChunks

Postby Kambiz » April 30th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Dear Tony,

PicShow doesn't accept child controls.

As a workaround, you can use a StaticText control, and put it in the form on top of the PicShow control. Of course, you can't have transparency for the StaticControl.

If you want transparency, manually set the Parent property of the StaticText to the PicShow control. In this case, when a transition is running, you may see some flickers on the StaticText.

However, I do suggest to use OnAfterDrawFrame event to write your text directly on the Screen bitmsap.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BigChunks » May 2nd, 2006, 12:53 am

hi there Kambiz, and thanks for the response.

I had sort of thought this was going to be the solution, but han't thought of making the patent the picshow component.

many thanks for the ideas, i'm off to give them a try now.

all the best,

Tony l.
BigChunks

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects