TSimpleGraph and container nodes

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

TSimpleGraph and container nodes

Postby Adem » March 3rd, 2006, 5:55 pm

Kambiz,

TSimpleGraph has so much potential that every time I look at things I can see places it would be better.

Here is one example where some nodes are held in a container node.

http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsdiagram.html

While this is a database schema, there are various similar applications where this sort of thing would be most useful --hierachy diagrams where there are departments/divisions/regios etc.

The only significant thing about this container node object is that it 'contains' other nodes. Which basically means one simple thing: The 'contained' nodes move with the container. That's about it.

Do you think this is hard to implement; would you consider that sort of a thing for a later version?
Adem

Postby Kambiz » March 3rd, 2006, 6:52 pm

If I can find some more time, for sure I'll add it.

Thank you
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kokkoras » March 3rd, 2006, 10:01 pm

I can not resist to say a big YES!

This is my next big headache. In my domain, having nested graphs ports me to the upper level. As I said in another post, I am using TSimpleGraph to visualize conceptual graphs (a kind on semantic networks). Nesting is very usefull to describe things like:

[Situation: [Server]->(state)->[Active] ]

that is, inside the rectangular node "Situation" I will be able to have the whole graph [Server]->(state)->[Active].

But, from the other side, I feel :oops: for continuously requesting things from Kambiz.

fotis
kokkoras

Postby Adem » March 4th, 2006, 4:47 am

[quote="kokkoras"]But, from the other side, I feel :oops: for continuously requesting things from Kambiz.[/quote]

Same here. And, having done a few opensource projects myself in the past, I know the feeling of always being asked for this and that without contributing much else.

So, as I am quite new here, I'd like to ask Kambiz about his policy on contributed code:

Do you accept contributed code?

If so, how? [Please don't ask for diff files, I hate them].
Adem

Postby Kambiz » March 4th, 2006, 9:10 am

Adem,

Did you look at http://www.delphiarea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296? It was supposed Extended Graph project continues development of SimpleGraph.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adem » March 8th, 2006, 11:59 am

Kambiz wrote:Adem,

Did you look at http://www.delphiarea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296? It was supposed Extended Graph project continues development of SimpleGraph.

Kambiz,

I hadn't.

They do make some nice noises, but unfortunately that thread goes is 2 years old; I wonder how much interest they still cojure up or if they are still around at all.

I am, though, very much interested, first, in aStart= and manhattan-distance stuff they are talking about. This is an infrastructural thing.

SVG is nice, and very useful, and can be added at any time --since it is a presentation layer thing.
Adem

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects