Print Preview: problem printer dependant

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Print Preview: problem printer dependant

Postby B-Technix » January 9th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Gambiz hello,

At first, i'm French and my english too, sorry :?

I use your excellent product for preview and print a large drawing, and it works perfect except in thei case below: :cry:

To obtain this large drawing, I draw in MetaFileCanvas with functions Line, Rectangle, StretchDraw, etc.

This large drawing includes several images bitmap, lines and other graphics objects ....
Some Bitmap are drawn turned over (mirror) with StretchDraw by reversing the co-ordinates { normal = StretchDraw(rect(x1, y1, x2, y2), BMP) and mirror=StretchDraw(rect(x2, y2, x1, y1), BMP) for example)

With some printers and/or OS I encounter the following problems with the printing (the preview is correct):
    - With FastPrint=true, DirectPrint=False, MF.enhanced=true, or FastPrint=false, DirectPrint=True and MF.Enhanced=false(if true = error)
    --> Some Bitmap are not mirroring, or missing, and some texts with small font size are missing.

- With FastPrint=false, DirectPrint=False and MF.Enhanced=false(error if not)
    --> All is printed but in low resolution (ScreenResolution)

Have you an idea, or a solution to allow a good print in all the cases and in high resolution (PrinterResolution)

PS: I repeat: The problem appears only with some printers with FastPrint=false, DirectPrint=True and MF.Enhanced=false, with other printers (as mine) the print is perfect, and all the time, problem is only on printing, never in preview.

Thank you for your answer. :wink:
Attachments
Bt_delfiarea_preview.txt
Extract of my code
(2.39 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Bruno
B-Technix

Postby Kambiz » January 30th, 2006, 7:40 pm

You forgot to tell on which OS the problem occurs.

Seems on Windows 95, 98, and me some printer drivers have problem on printing enhanced metafiles. Please open the following link and look for DC_EMF_COMPLIANT inside the page.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_21bn.asp

Cheers
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects