Bi-directional live audio

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Bi-directional live audio

Postby Magno » August 31st, 2005, 1:06 pm

First of all, congratulations Kambiz for the WaveAudio components! :D

Well, I am trying to make a very simple 2-way comunicator and my question is if I need use a technique that has both the Broadcaster & Client within the application or they can handle bi-directional audio streamming? I say that because in this case I will need to use 2 tcp ports.

Other question is if I can send it by UDP?

Thank you a lot and best regards,

Magno
Magno

Postby Magno » August 31st, 2005, 7:28 pm

in advance with this thread, in what could help changing the buffercount of the component LiveAudioPlayer and LiveAudioRecoder?
Magno

Postby Kambiz » August 31st, 2005, 11:20 pm

Hi,

You can include both sending and recieving of audio in one application.

Also, you can choose any data trabsfer protocol, which matches better with your target.

Reducing BufferLength and increasing BufferCount produces less delay on the client side.

Cheers
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Magno » September 1st, 2005, 12:52 pm

Hi Kambiz, thank you for helping :)

Well, I actually did it, but now seems something stranger, I get a echo effect and the sample rate that is reproduced in one side look likes out of format, the voice is accelarated :lol: hehehehe... any clue?

What could be the best techinique:

1. use 2 TCP TSocket, one TClient and other TServer, wasting 2 socket ports
2. use the concept of client server with only one TServer in a side application and a TClient in the client application and send all the audio via only one socket port

Cheers!
Magno

Postby Kambiz » September 1st, 2005, 2:40 pm

For sure, you have to filter recorded data by an echo cancellation algorithm in both parties.

Don't worry about taking two ports. :)
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Magno » September 1st, 2005, 5:07 pm

Hi again.

I modified the code, now using only one socket port but there's something wrong... when I connect I start to listen a high noise, like a non tunned radio, a hiss. The code envolved a lot of modifications due I am using only one TCP componet for each side. What could cause that hiss sound?

All these communicatiors uses such filters Kambiz? as Skype, ie.?
Magno

Postby Magno » September 2nd, 2005, 7:53 pm

Well, for some reason I simply can use one tcp socket :(

Has 2 applications, one with TSocketClient and other with TSocketServer, in both application the TLiveAudioPlayer and TLiveAudioRecorder. On the client application i can receive the sound, in the server i cannot. The problem is because for some reason, after receive (in the server side) the Audio Format header it dont call the OnFormat().

Something suggests me the problem could be in the Data := self, i tried a lot of things but not working. Right now the applications dont handshake the 'READY' string, so after the client call the server it sends his audio format in the ClientAccept, just as the demo, and after it sets the Socket.Data := self.

I really dont know the components is able to work using only one Socket port.

Please, any clue? :cry:
Magno

Postby Kambiz » September 3rd, 2005, 6:52 am

I'm sorry, but I can't help. I don't know so much about sockets.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects