A more realistic preview (higher resolution)

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

A more realistic preview (higher resolution)

Postby lancelot59 » June 29th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Hi Kambiz,

At the moment the metafile's for the screen are created using the screen's pixelsperinch setting of 96. Off course it's possible to zoom them to 200 or 300% but they are not recalculated, just "image" zoomed, then displayed.

I would like the preview to be able to display a near-realistic preview of what is going to be printed. Therefor I would like the wmf files to be created using 600 dpi (or a configurable resolution).

I would off course still want the zoom possibilities to be the same (implementing the factor 600/96 for this purpose).

Maybe it would be an option to have a realistic zoom, as opposed to an "image" zoom, re-creating pages when zooming in, just as we do when creating the print-output.

Or, if not, we might be able to "tell" the screen it has 600 pixelsperinch,
thus creating the metafiles sort of exactly as they will be printed, then "image" zoom them the way we are used to.

What do you think of this ?

Ron.
lancelot59

Postby Kambiz » June 30th, 2005, 10:52 am

To have a resolution other than screen resolution, you can change all Screen.PixelsPerInch in Preview.pas to your desired DPI. However, it might not be implied that the altered code is technically correct.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Thumbnails and Zoom

Postby palmeira » July 4th, 2005, 6:39 am

Hi, Kambiz,
I changed Screen.PixelsPerInch as you suggested, resized proportionally the objects that are printed, and the final print result quality was very impressive, far superior to the one I obtained before. However, the Thumbnails and zoom stopped working. Any suggestions about what I should look into? As I have to print the pages that are displayed (instead of regenerating the document), it would be nice to use a higher resolution for the internally stored metafiles, and adjusting Screen.PixelsPerInch has this effect.
Thanks,
Al Palmeira
palmeira

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects