SysImageList

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

SysImageList

Postby KJP » June 3rd, 2005, 3:06 am

Is there a way to get the icons for special folders? Example, 'My Network Places', 'Recycle Bin', etc. I tried the demo, but it won't open those folders.
KJP

Postby Radagast » June 3rd, 2005, 5:24 am

Do you want to find and open those folders or to use their icons? The first is possible for sure, but I don't remember how to do this (I'll find if you want, it's some WinAPI function of course). The second is deffinitely possible too because all of them are in the same file (I think "Shell32.dll") so you just need to exctract resource from external file.
Radagast

Postby KJP » June 3rd, 2005, 7:06 am

Radagast wrote:Do you want to find and open those folders or to use their icons? The first is possible for sure, but I don't remember how to do this (I'll find if you want, it's some WinAPI function of course). The second is deffinitely possible too because all of them are in the same file (I think "Shell32.dll") so you just need to exctract resource from external file.

Yes, actually I need to do both. I'm working on an app launcher that needs to be able to get the icon and also launch the item (app, folder, etc). I found some information from Google searches on how to launch special folders (ShGetSpecialFolderLocation), but I still can't get the icon.

I guess what I need is to be able to determine at runtime the icon index within shell32.dll for the folder.
KJP

Postby Radagast » June 7th, 2005, 2:41 pm

I think all you need are those functions:
:arrow: LoadLibrary();
:arrow: FreeLibrary();
:arrow: LoadFromResourceName();
The third one I think is method of TBitmap but probably not only. To use it you need library hadle and name of the resource (bitmap). I don't know where are those names but you can try searching Microsoft webpages for some clues for Windows programmers.
Radagast

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects