reinstalling the print preview component

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

reinstalling the print preview component

Postby lbc » October 7th, 2004, 9:29 am

Hello
Some time ago I downloaded printpreview 4.20 and installed it without problems into the Delphi 7 component palette.

Now coming back after some time to your website i have found the current version of the print preview product (by the way, EXCELLENT indeed) has been upgraded to 4.60. So i downloaded it.

Now my question is: How have I to install correctly the new version?

Infact at the time i have installed the 4.20 version I created a "delphiarea.dpk" package inside a folder (ie: c:\delphiarea\cmp) to contain the printpreview component and some other Delphiarea ones (ie: Simpegraph, PicShow).

I have noticed that after the installation (correctly performed) Delphi 7 created inside the folder:

C:\program files\borland\delphi 7\projects\bpl

the following files:

delphiarea.bpl
delphiarea.dcp

My goal would be to correctly replace the old printpreview version with the new one without creating problems to the other components already installed. Infact if i use the D7 "component menu" -> "Install Packages..." i could only "remove" the whole delphiarea package, but as I said i'd like to update for now just only the printpreview one.

Would it be enough that i would replace the old Preview.pas/.dcr files (4.20) with the new Preview.pas and Preview.dcr ones (4.60), and after that reopen the delphiarea.dpk package, recompiling it without needing to "reinstall" it?

thanks for any tip/clue about the above and again many congratulations for your execellent and useful components!
lbc

Postby Kambiz » October 7th, 2004, 11:25 am

Hi,

Yes, the procedure you described installs the new version of the component properly.

Good luck,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects