WaveAudio Package

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

WaveAudio Package

Postby joseph » December 8th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Hello,

Please, is it possible to have an code example of read / write indivdual raw data in a wav file ?
I have try with BeginRead, Read, but I have not found to use it.

Many thanks in advance.
Joseph
joseph

Re: WaveAudio Package

Postby Kambiz » December 8th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Hi Joseph,

Sorry but I don't get what is the problem exactly. Reading wave data or working with read bytes?

Anyway, depends on the wave format the interpretation of bytes read by the Read method varies.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby joseph » December 12th, 2013, 9:42 am

Hi Kambiz,

Thank you for your answer. There 's any problem from your package. Your code is really clear and well written.
It's only I am not able to use it to read individual samples from a wave file (I know it depends on the wave format).
And it's the reason why I have hope to have an short example of code which read and write raw datas into a vector.

But whatever your response will be, many thanks for your package.
Joseph
joseph

Postby Kambiz » January 12th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Hi Joseph,

TWave and TWaveFile classes are both derived from TWaveStreamAdapter and TWaveStreamAdapter is in fact a stream class. Therefore, reading and writing raw wave data into and from these classes are just like any stream class. The only difference is that you must call BeginRead and BeginWrite before reading and writing and call EndRead and EndWrite when reading and writing is done.

You can find example of usage of these methods by studying WaveStorage using.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby larrfull » January 20th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Hi Kambiz,

I have a similar need to access the audio data directly in order to process it. I examined all of your examples and documentation but could not find any example of the usage of TWaveStreamAdapter. I experimented with it but could not get it to work for me.

My application is a simple one, I am attempting to use the sound card to acquire accelerometer data and thus need to read in a few seconds of audio, and then have access to it in order to process and display the result, preferably without the need to store it on the disc first.

Can I bother you for a short snippit of code that would point me in the right direction?

Thank you for a very nicely done component!

--larry
larrfull

Postby Kambiz » January 30th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Hi,

The problem is finding some spare time but I do my best to provide a sample program.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GioQveladze » March 17th, 2014, 2:19 pm

Kambiz good day
thank you for such a good component
please tell me there will be support for android?
thanks in advance
GioQveladze

Postby GioQveladze » March 17th, 2014, 9:17 pm

how to make sure that 2 client can communicate with each other if possible example thanks in advance
GioQveladze

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects