[PrintPreview] Problems with DLL usage

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

[PrintPreview] Problems with DLL usage

Postby Moehre » July 17th, 2013, 6:44 am

At first MANY THANKS for this great component!

Perhaps someone can give me a hint on this: I have written a "main" program in Delphi XE2, which loads self written modules as DLL. This works fine unless I use PrintPreview in one DLL, in this case the "FreeLibrary" call of the main program after closing the module / dll will freeze the main application. I do use "SimpleShareMem" as first unit in main program and dll and both are compiled with the same runtime packages including printpreview. The strange thing on this is: if I only load the module/dll without doing any preview and then close it, it works fine. But after creating a preview with BeginDoc / EndDoc the Freelibrary hangs. So during creating a preview there seems to be something happening that makes FreeLibrary freeze, but I don't have any clue how to find it?!

Perhaps someone else is using PrintPreview in a DLL an can give me a tip on this?!

Many thanks in advance
Moehre
Moehre

Re: [PrintPreview] Problems with DLL usage

Postby Moehre » July 17th, 2013, 7:03 am

OK, I found the problem: I included SynPDF for PDF exporting in my package used by the dll - while testing I removed the PDF export function and therefore the SynPDF reference and then it works without freezing!

greetings
Moehre
Moehre

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects