About the Pitch and "Playbackrate" in TAudioPlayer

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

About the Pitch and "Playbackrate" in TAudioPlayer

Postby dec » February 16th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Hello to all,

I'am investigating in changing the Pitch and the Playbackrate of a TAudioPlayer component. In principle, if I change the "Options" of the component in order to allow the Pich and Playbackrate changes, and when I change these for say a 100 value, I can hear the wave "more accelerated". However, when I change the Pitch and Playbackrate to other values, say 1000, I cannot hear any diferences at all.

Two questions:

1º What are the "range of values" for the Pitch and Playbackrate? I take a look at the documentation, but cannot found this.

2º We can change the Pitch and Playbackrate even when the player is active or in this case the changes did not take effect?

Maybe someone can help me into this question. Don't worry I'am not hurry with this. Thank you very much in advance and again and again and again thank you for your incredible Delphi Area components. ;)
dec

Re: About the Pitch and "Playbackrate" in TAudioPlayer

Postby Kambiz » February 24th, 2013, 10:38 am

Hi,

You're very welcome! :)

I think it depends on the maximum pitch value that a device accepts. Some devices don't support this feature at all.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dec » February 24th, 2013, 10:44 am

Hello Kambiz,

First of all, thank you for your answer!

I try here in my system to changing the "Pitch" and "PlayBackrate" and (if I'am not wrong) the "Pitch" is not changed and "PlayBackrate" is changed, but, do not accept differents values, or at the least, trying to change using various values, apparently, do not produce any result but the first change. So maybe it's possible to found if the device support this properties and the accepted value ranges?

On the other hand... (maybe I need to open a new thread...) what about a possible wav reproduction in a "seamless loop" way? I presume you can answer this question with a yes or a not. ;)

Thank you very much Kambiz for the amazing collection of Delphi Area source and components!
dec

Postby Kambiz » February 25th, 2013, 8:22 am

Both recorder and player components have a read-only property as type set that indicates the features that the device supports.

For reproduction of audio, you may want to try LiveAudioPlayer.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dec » February 25th, 2013, 9:33 am

Hello Kambiz,

Thank you very much. You have reason, I will take a look at theh recorder and player properties. On the other hand I will try if "Live" player can help me.

Thank you very much Kambiz for your help. ;)
dec

Postby dec » February 25th, 2013, 10:49 am

Hello again,

You are right. Finally I found the "DeviceSupports" property of "TAudioPlayer", which is of "TWaveOutDeviceSupport" type defined in "WaveUtils" unit. This allow to know if the device support "Pitch", "Playbackrate" and others. On the other hand I try with "TLiveAudioPlayer" in order to play a seamless wave loop and apparently work fine. Thank you very much again Kambiz. ;)
dec

Postby Kambiz » February 25th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I'm glad to hear this issue is resolved.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects