Customization of i18n package

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Customization of i18n package

Postby smartins » March 14th, 2012, 10:47 am

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for the excellent work done on the i18n package. We evaluated a few solutions (DxGetText, TsiLang and i18n) and decided to go with i18n for our applications localization.

We did made several changes to i18n which I'll detail below:

• Converted xml library from xmldoc to NativeXml. We already used NativeXml library so we did not wanted to use xmlrtl. Moving to NativeXml also decreased by about 50% the total time taken to localize a form which was a major plus.
  • Added support for Google Translate API v2 (V1 was discontinued - V2 is now a paid service) to the i18n Editor
  • Added support for Microsoft Translate API to the i18n Editor
  • Created a package with just the TLocalizer and TTranslator and moved all other components to a seperate package. Since our applications use runtime packages, we wanted to include just the bare necessary in the bpl which will be distributed with the application.
  • We are also working on some more things but we are not finished yet.

Would you like me to send these changes to you?
Also, would you be interested on creating a repository where the code will be hosted and allow others to commit changes to the project?

Thanks again for the excellent work in i18n.
smartins

Re: Customization of i18n package

Postby Kambiz » March 24th, 2012, 2:46 pm

I am glad that you found i18n package useful.
I am no more interested in Delphi, because of that I will either redesign delphiarea.com as an open repository or move some of my packages/components in to another public repository.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects