TPrintPreview Rendering of fonts

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

TPrintPreview Rendering of fonts

Postby JohanTheunissen » November 19th, 2011, 8:23 am

I was using an old version of TPrintPreview (V1.1) and recently downloaded latest version. In the old version there was no problems. The new version however renders the fonts (all true type e.g. Arial etc) very grainy. With the old version the text in all fonts appeared very smooth. Grainy appearance can be noticed on the canvas but much more pronounced on printed page (all laser printers even up to 1200dpi)

Am I missing some setting in the new version? All you experts out there, I would appreciate some help.
JohanTheunissen

Re: TPrintPreview Rendering of fonts

Postby JohanTheunissen » November 20th, 2011, 9:13 am

Hi everybody,

When saving to pdf - SaveAsPDF() and then opening the pdf in adobe and printing from there the text all print smooth. So I asume it must be some setting in TPrintPreview that I am missing. I have gone through then all but still no solution to the problem. I have also tried setting the font properties from both the preview as well as the canvas:

preview.font & preview.canvas.font

but all text still appears grainy on the printer (not smooth as in Version 1.1).
JohanTheunissen

Re: TPrintPreview Rendering of fonts

Postby Kambiz » December 18th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Sounds strange!

Is anyone else expriencing this problem?
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects