PicShow: Error compiling demo

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

PicShow: Error compiling demo

Postby Kanne1466 » October 19th, 2011, 8:15 am

Hi,

I installed the units without any error (delphi7).
No component appears on the component-palette but I think this is ok because they are non-visible-components, right ?

However, when tyring to compile the demo I get this error:
"Field MainForm.PicShow does not have a corresponding component. Remove the declaration?" :(

I don't know how but only ONE time the compiler went through and I got a runable exe, but now I always get the error :roll:

From the delphi-help:
"
Field field does not have a corresponding component. Remove the declaration?

The first section of your form's class declaration defines a field for which there is no corresponding component on the form. Note that this section is reserved for use by the form designer.
To declare your own fields and methods, place them in a separate public, private, or protected section.
This error will also occur if you load the binary form file (.dfm) into the Code editor and delete or rename one or more components.
"

So I moved the "PicShow: TPicShow;" to the public-section of the class-definition =>
the source can be compiled now, but I get an runtime-error: :oops:
"Access violation at address 0049CE90 in module 'PSDemo.exe'. Read of address 0000022E."

Any hint ?
Kanne1466

Re: PicShow: Error compiling demo

Postby taazz2 » October 20th, 2011, 11:28 am

TPicshow should be shown on the component palete if you cant see it then you haven't installed the component correctly.
Try to install it again. The error you get in short it says that the component can not be found on the form you have either deleted or
pressed ignore when you open the project for the first time you need to override the project files from the installer again to correct this error.
taazz2

Re: PicShow: Error compiling demo

Postby Kanne1466 » October 26th, 2011, 4:56 pm

I'm sorry:
I accidently deleted the output-component on the form -
don't know why the reference was left in the source
and so produced some strange errors.

However, after reinstallation of the demo I could compile it - great work !
Kanne1466

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects