TSimpleGraph extensions upgrades

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

TSimpleGraph extensions upgrades

Postby taazz » June 7th, 2010, 10:52 am

I am evaluating your simple graph (which has an amazing amount of work by the way) and I have a few things that I would like to implement.

1) I like to be able to link on the same graph node for source and target
2) Create an extra graphlink that will auto adjust its "break points" as they are moved around
3) group a number of nodes and links together.
4) Create a Bezier graphlink.
5) When two object are moved (dragged?) then the links between the two should also be moved with out the need to select them too.
6) If there are more than one links for the same 2 nodes then they usually are painted as one

So far I have created a new TopRoundRect node and I am confident that I can change its behavior but I am confused as to what I have
to change on the GraphLink to be able to have multiple break points that are auto adjusting. I tried to find out if there is any method
that would allow me to adjust the break points as I need to but I cant seem to be able to follow the flow when a point is dragged around.

I would appreciate any hints on how to approach this especially what are the methods to focus on.

Also I seen that you have some sort of undo implemented I would like to know how many steps does it support and how can I control this number If I am mistaken and the undo I have seen is (for example) to undo the only the active action eg returning to the original position when I press escape while dragging an object then I would appreciate a few pointer on the undo history as well although it seems much easier to understand.

Thank you for your time

Regards
John.
taazz

Re: TSimpleGraph extensions upgrades

Postby taazz » June 11th, 2010, 11:17 am

It seems that this set is not supported or I am using the wrong channel for questions.

If I am on the wrong channel can you inform me what is the correct channel?
taazz

Postby Kambiz » June 12th, 2010, 8:47 am

You are positing on the right forum. I was on vacation, sorry.

If you read the following topic, you see there are other requests about extending SG.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=838

Because SG was originally designed for drawing simple graphs only, some features cannot be implemented based on the old code. To have a new good graph control, the component must be re-designed.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby taazz » June 12th, 2010, 6:16 pm

OK. As a noob on this set I cant even start to imagine what needs to be redesigned.

Since I am working on them to get the results I want I would be glad to follow your instructions and do some of the work needed.
This way I will get to know the set better and you will get some help out of it.

I would leave the more complicated matters for the end so we both have time to think things up and I would start by changing
the link behavior.
Do you have the time and power to go down that road?
taazz

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects