Multi-channel redirector

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Multi-channel redirector

Postby Giro » June 2nd, 2008, 7:58 pm

Hi All,

I am new to Delphi Area and first off I applaud you Kambiz for sharing your source with the world =D> =D>

I have an ESI ESP1010 sound card with 8 analog input and output channels. Unfortunately it cannot output for example channels 3 & 4 to output channels 3 & 4. It can however feed any input channel to output channels 1 & 2 through its DirectWIRE interface - which is pretty useless to me :?. I want to be able to output any input channel to any output channel.

I started to search for Delphi components/source/examples to do something like this when I stumbled onto the Wave Audio components which did almost exactly what I wanted! Almost!

It appears (if I'm not mistaken) that the Redirector demo app (and presumably the TAudioRedirector component) only redirects the Windows input device to the output device - whatever this may be.

Here's the question, is it possible to redirect any of the 8 input channel pairs to any (one or more) of the output channel pairs in any combination using any of the Wave Audio components?

I can implement it myself, I just need some pointers of how this could be done - if at all. If there is one thing I have learned over the years it is that you need to spend a lot of time with components before you really know them. And time I don't have at the moment. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Gerhard
Giro

Postby cozturk » June 3rd, 2008, 5:27 pm

hmm.
You need virtual audio cables,
viewtopic.php?p=2160#2160
cozturk

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects