Problem with Demo of Wave Audio Package v1.85 under Delphi 6

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

Problem with Demo of Wave Audio Package v1.85 under Delphi 6

Postby faculd » February 16th, 2008, 7:00 am

Hi,

Firstly I have to tell you that I'm not very good in english but I'll try as well to acordinate some words...

I've downloaded the Wave Audio Package v1.85 and tried the Live Audio demo. When I'm trying to run the Brodcaster form, this message occure and the program can't launch (under Delphi 6):

[Fatal Error] Main.pas(17): Unit WaveRecorders was compiled with a different version of WaveIn.TWaveAudioIn

For the Receiver form, when I launch it, those messages appears and I have to do "No" for each message to launch the program:

The LiveAudioPlayerDataPtr method referenced by LiveAudioPlayer.OnDataPtr has an incompatible parameter list. Remove the reference?

The LiveAudioPlayerFormat method referenced by LiveAudioPlayer.OnFormat has an incompatible parameter list. Remove the reference?

Then I tried to recreate a brodcaster on my own by copying the demo. It works well but when I launch the connection with the the receiver (the same, after doing "No" twice), sounds getting from the brodcaster is just an unterminable "brrssshh" :lol: (sorry)

Would you help please?
On waiting for your soonest reply,
Marc;
faculd

Postby faculd » February 16th, 2008, 8:20 am

I matched the problem,

It's because I've yet an another component named WaveIn before I used this package. On the first time I tried to install the WA60 package, the package manager matched the conflict so I decided to remove the package dclusr60 which contains the old WaveIn component. After that there was no matter to install WA60 package.

But I guess there is an old WaveIn.pas file still using by Delphi somewhere cause I solve the problem by just copying the "new" WaveIn.pas (+ the DELPHIAREA.INC file) to the Brodcaster directory...

Is someone know how to definitively remove the old version of the wavein.pas file??

Be well,
Marc;
faculd

Postby Kambiz » February 16th, 2008, 3:48 pm

The easiest way is seraching your computer for the file.

By the way, remember to remove the old dcu files. Seems your problem is because of old dcu instead of pas file.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby faculd » February 18th, 2008, 8:21 am

So I'll try that.

This file must be in the delphi folder, isn't it?

Thank you verymuch
Be well
Marc;
faculd

Postby Johnny_Bit » February 18th, 2008, 8:30 am

no, it doesn't have to be there. that's the problem. you've got to search for it wherever it might be.
Thou shalt write the code, not connect the bricks.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby faculd » February 18th, 2008, 11:25 am

OK, the dclusr60 package is a package that I've downloaded from the net too. So I know where is his directory; so I have just to delete (or move) the folder and that all?

Be well,
Marc;
faculd

Postby faculd » February 18th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Everything OK, topic is close
faculd

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects