PrintPreview - overlapping characters

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

PrintPreview - overlapping characters

Postby oyster » October 13th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Hi.

I've been trying to use PrintPreview, I really like it and with the help of this forum I've been able to solve most of my problems. One however remains - in the final preview as well as in the printed output the characters are very close to each other, sometimes even overlapping, western characters are at least readable but with Chinese it's pretty bad (see attachments). I tried all I could think of but being bit lamer programmer I couldn't find any working solution. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Or could it be something wrong with my system? Because when i tried to open an RTF file with compiled sample RichPrint program, it looked the same. I can't believe it is a feature of PrintPreview.

Jan
Attachments
printpreview.jpg
printpreview.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
printpreview1.jpg
printpreview1.jpg (58.34 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
oyster

Postby Kambiz » October 16th, 2007, 9:37 am

Looking at the following topics may help you:

viewtopic.php?t=596
viewtopic.php?t=365
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby oyster » October 17th, 2007, 5:49 am

You're right, DirectPrint is the solution. It would be better still if the preview looked ok as well but printed output is what really matters.

Thanks a lot!

Jan
oyster

Postby pacpinto » October 17th, 2007, 3:17 pm

I have the same problem, and using DirectPrint isn't an option in my case, as some of my reports take a looooong time processing. Running them a second time just to print isn't acceptable.

I find that this issue seems to occur (at least on my tests) only when the screen resolution isn't the standard 4:3 ratio... is there really no way around this? I find that saving a page's metafile to disk and opening it with CorelDraw renders a perfect page, no font distortion.

I love the component, it is fast and handles big reports very well... but with the increasing usage of widescreen monitors, I really feel this should be fixed.

Thank you for your commitment to this great component.
pacpinto

Postby Kambiz » October 18th, 2007, 12:20 pm

AFAIK it is not related to the screen resolution ratio. Definitely there might be a solution to this problem but it needs time to find it.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pacpinto » October 18th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Yes, time is the problem as always! Should there be someone selling it, I would buy some myself... :)
Anyway, just to let you know, using saveaspdf produces perfect output too... so I'm seriously thinking of using Acrobat as my report viewer.

Thank you once more... and please don't think I'm complaining!
pacpinto

Postby Kambiz » October 18th, 2007, 9:16 pm

pacpinto wrote:Thank you once more... and please don't think I'm complaining!

No, I didn't think you are complaining. Besides that, you have right to do that. ;)

By the way, thank you for your compliments.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects