KOLANG!

Please post bug reports, feature requests, or any question regarding the DELPHI AREA projects here.

KOLANG!

Postby Kambiz » August 5th, 2007, 12:11 am

After several years, last week I wanted to reconfigure my router, but I was not remembering its password. I couldn't reset my router to its factory settings because I didn't know how it was configured. #-o

I knew the password is a word (I usually use poor passwords like most of people) but I had no success to guess it. Finally after several hours try, I decided to write a program to test all English words as password. Well, the program worked perfectly. :)

First I didn't want to release the program on public domain, because I afraid someone uses it for illegal purposes. But you know, in our world everything can be abused. Sometimes even a word can make unrecoverable damages.

Anyway, Kolang is the new program. Hope to be used for good purposes.

Just to satisfy your curiosity, Kolang is name of a tool in Persian. Look at the program's icon to translate Kolang in your own language.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cozturk » August 5th, 2007, 8:58 am

=D>

I know, phpBB , forum user's passwords are encrypted and stored on the database. But if any way available to see this paswords, you may add this psws to wordlists. May be if the psw remembered by "brain" it should be as meaningful words or easy strings (qwerty, 123456 ..etc) openwall.com - wordlists may be built via this way.

If I try it on this forum, No HTTP authentication password is needed. message appear. What kind site we can use it? Available for FTP psws also?
cozturk

Postby Kambiz » August 5th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Technically phpBB uses a web form for authentication.

The following URL points to my personal proxy that I use to get rid of censorships. It uses HTTP Authentication to identify authorized user.

http://rozan.roftgar.com
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cozturk » August 5th, 2007, 3:01 pm

Ok. It can be used to acces , Cpanel, Plesk... for hosting area
cozturk

Return to DELPHI AREA Projects