Administration troubles! Announce by mod.

Please discuss topics non-related to Delphi programming here.

Administration troubles! Announce by mod.

Postby Johnny_Bit » November 4th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Today creator of this site informed me that... Well, wee for yourself:

Hi Johnny_Bit,

I’m sorry to contact you in this way, I didn’t have your e-mail address.

I just wanted to inform you that I don’t have access to http://forum.delphiarea.com anymore. The fascism government of Iran has blocked the access to delphiarea.com and my other sites which using delphiarea’s host. Therefore you become alone in fighting against spammers.

Seems it’s time to listen to your advise and live Iran for going somewhere with some more freedom. :)

Cheers for now,
Kambiz

So... now this site is kinda unadministrated, but moderated. Also I think we should do something for creator of this site. I repeated my offer for him, D'you know easiest way to get the hell out of there and go straight to Europe?

//Edit #1

Another news from The Man, he'd try to get to Switzerland, so no despair. As for now I'll be YourFriendlyAdmin(tm). So continue to operate normally.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Kambiz » November 6th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Hi again,

For a couple of days this site was filtered for visitors from Iran. This may happen again but if it happens again, I'm not worry because I know Johnny_Bit and others will help to keep this site alive.

I would like to thank you all and specially Johnny_Bit who spend his time for managing the forum.

Cheers to all,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny_Bit » November 6th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Hey, no prob man, mad props to you. Do they even specify why they did it?
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Kambiz » November 6th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Well, I've installed a proxy on this host to be able to visit filtered sites. I think this is the reason. This could be happen because of some error in their filtering mechanism.

But generally they don't need any reason, they just do whatever they want and there's no way to complain.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny_Bit » November 6th, 2006, 11:01 pm

Kambiz wrote:But generally they don't need any reason, they just do whatever they want and there's no way to complain.

-censored-... And there's nobody to stop them? If something like this would happen here, I'm sure that gov and all cooperating organizations including some major Universities would get pretty much of a show called "Bunch of pissed of Polish dudes with no intentions to do no harm". In easy way, they'd be deceased. I gotta tell you, as I read of political situation in your country, and as I see what bullshit is happening right here and in many places around the world, I would want that all politicians before even being able to say a single word would have to pass test.

The test:
1. Having IQ above 130
2. Having at least bachelor's degree
3. Having no connections with any religion that may interfere with decisiveness.
4. Having no superstitions
5. RALLY caring about people

And to clergist of all religions: "Shut the -censored- up!". Well, I mean, we all praise Allah, we all should be good, hones people and refrain from killing each other, so where's the big deal?
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Return to Miscellaneous