Help networking project &&ideas

Please discuss topics non-related to Delphi programming here.

Help networking project &&ideas

Postby hani » July 30th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Hi all
I want to build a nice Application work on Internet or on Network
Suck as Messenger or any client/server application but I have no idea
Can you help me please
Thank you. :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :lol:
hani

Postby Johnny_Bit » July 31st, 2006, 5:52 am

in what way can we help you?
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Networking ...................

Postby hani » July 31st, 2006, 2:57 pm

Hi Johnny_Bit

I need only a nice and great idea in networking or Internet

to do it in Delph.

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------
hani

Postby kokkoras » July 31st, 2006, 5:43 pm

:roll:
Fotis
kokkoras

Postby Johnny_Bit » July 31st, 2006, 8:15 pm

In that matter, go for... um... hmm... what do I need for net? Links & firefox good for webbrowsing, mutt & thunderbird for mail, openssh, irssi, ntpd, dhcp, dnsmasq... forgot that, I just got caried away... Well I think, knowing that propably there's a major group of starved for adult-content-pics guys, so I think that for that party the best thing woud be instant ic browser. There's also major group of IQ-way-bellow-3 young girls and guys that think hip-hop or techno is actually kind of music, so for them the best thing would be instant blog, online chat, dumb forums etc browser. Although you have to know how to serve your intended audiency right: eg for first audience browser should be made easy to operate with only one hand while second would require to be easy enought for paramecium aurelia to operate it.

Want something more for internet? well, you coud aim also way higher, like build for geeks like me linux enabled dhcp server with nice recognition of hostnames provided by either linux or windows system also acting as local and extarnal dns server, using dynamic net shaping policy for internet access not shaping local trafic and cooperating with tc, ability to manage many ways dynamic and customizable iptables operant... know the drift? well, go for it big boy!
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby kokkoras » July 31st, 2006, 8:19 pm

Johnny_Bit wrote:...for first audience browser should be made easy to operate with only one hand

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fotis
kokkoras

Postby Kambiz » August 4th, 2006, 2:02 pm

kokkoras wrote:
Johnny_Bit wrote:...for first audience browser should be made easy to operate with only one hand

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine doing everything (e.g. browsing, sending e-mail, phone call, environment control, and so on) without a mouse or keyboard and only with a simple push button (e.g. switch)? :wink:
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny_Bit » August 4th, 2006, 6:35 pm

I said one hand man! one hand. now there's usually 5 fingers available to use that come embeded with hand. those fingers can bend in fixed loations, not mentioning that hand itself is capable of greatly coordinated bending. having that in mind one can create one hand operated controler capable of movement (like mouse), having about 10 buttons that can be pressed without moving fingers. if we take in mind that one's fingerprints are about 1cm width and can use that space for 3 different points of presure that triples amount of possible keys for finge use, so we have about 23 buttons, now add scrolls (like a4tech mouse) and use space betwen perfectly resing fingers for another buttons, make scrolls clickable, viola we have moving, 51 buttoned HID with 3 scrolls thac can be controlled with onl one hand. using numeous combinations one can replace with that whole keyboard effectively.

But we only took in mind single hand... Why waste oportunities given by hman arm? think of it. now we also have feet. and there are controllers that can use feet ability to press and move.

So it is my statement: one can posibly perfecly well operate computer having one hand free to do whatewer he wants to do with that hand.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Kambiz » August 4th, 2006, 7:48 pm

I am not joking.

A severly disabled person can use a computer to communicate with others and manages his/her immediate environment. And, all can be done just by one input signal (for example by a blink).

Providing such a services for disabled persons is my task as a developer.
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny_Bit » August 5th, 2006, 7:43 am

I knew that... My version is for not disabled persons, just for someone that needs to use other hand for something else... I've seen even interfaces controled by breath, so... nevermind.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby kokkoras » August 5th, 2006, 10:36 am

I think Kambiz didn't get the underlying meaning of your initial post (the part I quoted in my first reply, with the many laughs) which, if I got it right, was refering to adult site visitors.
Fotis
kokkoras

Postby Kambiz » August 5th, 2006, 3:53 pm

kokkoras wrote:I think Kambiz didn't get the underlying meaning of your initial post (the part I quoted in my first reply, with the many laughs) which, if I got it right, was refering to adult site visitors.

Oops! :lol:
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Miscellaneous