Borland Initiates Process to Divest IDE Product Lines

Please discuss topics non-related to Delphi programming here.

Borland Initiates Process to Divest IDE Product Lines

Postby Kambiz » February 11th, 2006, 10:19 pm

borland.com wrote:While organizations look to ALM solutions to improve team and organizational productivity, individual developers continue to demand more feature-rich tools that will help improve their own productivity. With this in mind, and the knowledge that developers play a pivotal role in the application lifecycle, Borland has continued to invest in its industry-leading development tools business in parallel with its ALM investments.

“Developers will always play an important role in the application lifecycle, but the ALM and IDE markets are very different - requiring distinct business models, different operational and marketing structures and a focused R&D team,” said Nielsen. “Both markets are important, but Borland can no longer give both the resources and attention they require. Therefore, Borland has chosen to focus wholly on its ALM business, while acting in the best interests of the development community. Our intention is to create a standalone business focused on advancing individual developer productivity.”

Borland has retained Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. to manage the process of seeking a buyer for Borland’s IDE assets. To learn more about this announcement, please visit www.borland.com.

Borland will hold a conference call and simultaneous Webcast today to discuss recent announcements. This will take place on February 8, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. PST. To participate, please dial (866) 249-5225. To access the live Webcast, please visit the Investor Relations section of www.borland.com. A replay will be available approximately two hours after the conference call ends and will be available until February 23, 2006 at 12:00 a.m. PST. Please dial (800) 405-2236 or (303) 590-3000, with passcode 11050769 to access the replay. The archived Webcast will also be available on Borland’s website.

http://www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2006/02_08_06_borland_acquires_segue_software.html

Can this affect our life? If yes, what we can do to protect our future?

I would be glad to hear your opinions.

Regards,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Johnny_Bit » February 13th, 2006, 7:40 am

First crappy D2005, microsoft LOVE (tm), then this... Well, GTK is such peacefull thing... and GCC is cool too! And IDEs are good, and there's QT...

I'm thinking of developing only for linux and make boss to switch all statins to linux, will be cheaper and my head won't hurt after another day of repairing that mess. "Windows crashed when I was doing something and now half of my source files are wasted" or "That f****ing Delphi, crashed again!"... How may times I heard that... Everydev, switch to linux, and see how programs can run for months fawlessly, never again BSOD...

Hmm... Gone too far away...
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Return to Miscellaneous