Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2006!

Please discuss topics non-related to Delphi programming here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2006!

Postby Kambiz » December 25th, 2005, 6:34 pm

Hi,

I wish you all a good year and nice holidays.

Cheers,
Kambiz
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby danzman » December 31st, 2005, 12:25 am

Hi Kambiz, thanks for the greeting! Though I would not like to discuss politics or religion, are you not going to get in trouble when you greet us with "Merry Christmas"? :)

//"Happy Hanukah", "Happy Ramadan"... get over with it! For preety long it was politically incorrect to not wish "Merry Christmas", now wishing it is incorrect... Most holidays are from church special events... Well if you care about being politically correct wish everybody their own holidays, mind you there's over 10000 different religions, over 6 bilion people, someone belives in that some other in other thing, soem other don't... Not offending is really HARD, but i think that "Merry Christmas" is less offending to all... Try to say "Happy Hanukah" to Palestiniad Suecide-bomber... Eh... Why don't we to be politically correct don't wish anybody anything, don't have holidays, don't celebrate anything, no free days and stuff like that. You want it that way, or just wish everyone "Merry Christmas"? - M. J_B
POGEE Systems & Technologies
Home of Affordable Solutions
danzman

Postby danzman » December 31st, 2005, 1:27 pm

danzman wrote:Hi Kambiz, thanks for the greeting! Though I would not like to discuss politics or religion, are you not going to get in trouble when you greet us with "Merry Christmas"? :)

//"Happy Hanukah", "Happy Ramadan"... get over with it! For preety long it was politically incorrect to not wish "Merry Christmas", now wishing it is incorrect... Most holidays are from church special events... Well if you care about being politically correct wish everybody their own holidays, mind you there's over 10000 different religions, over 6 bilion people, someone belives in that some other in other thing, soem other don't... Not offending is really HARD, but i think that "Merry Christmas" is less offending to all... Try to say "Happy Hanukah" to Palestiniad Suecide-bomber... Eh... Why don't we to be politically correct don't wish anybody anything, don't have holidays, don't celebrate anything, no free days and stuff like that. You want it that way, or just wish everyone "Merry Christmas"? - M. J_B

Sorry for bringing this up. END OF DISCUSSION
danzman

Postby Kambiz » December 31st, 2005, 2:51 pm

Why I should get in trouble when I greet you. Definitely nobody will be upset if I don't greet him/her on his/her own special day, just because I don't know when the special day is. For example, I don't know what's Hanukah. I don't know when Moon pops up on a region to say Happy Ramadan to people from that region.

Do you know what is my religion? Do you know on which calendar I celebrate the new year? You may know, but most people here can only have a guess about it. Because of that I never got a greeting on my own New Year here, and I am not worry about it.

I know when Christians celebrate Christmas and New Year, so I can join them with their happiness with a simple greeting. If I knew more about other religions and customs, for sure I could enjoy being with the others too.

Cheers
Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Postby danzman » December 31st, 2005, 3:22 pm

Kambiz, I must tell you that I did not mean to be disrepectful. One thing I can say it I admire your attitude. I wish we have a lot people like you. Like yourself, I try to understand mankind's various beliefs. In that way I can look at my own belief and learn more about it. I have lots of friends with various beliefs and some who do not believe in any religion or politics but one thing we have in common is the belief to have peace among ourselves and to the entire world.
danzman

Postby Johnny_Bit » December 31st, 2005, 9:02 pm

So, basicly... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... And may every day be happy for all, and days made to be happy be as happy as possible. And let the ultimate happines happen to you all. Happy Everything. Happy!!!
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby elias » January 3rd, 2006, 9:13 pm

I wish too

//somehow, I feel that locking this thread is good move - M. J_B
elias

Return to Miscellaneous