WebBrowser using Mozilla FireFox

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

WebBrowser using Mozilla FireFox

Postby devkuntz » November 7th, 2006, 8:55 am

I'm a NewBi in TWebBrowser.
I'm confuse when my application dev in computer that use Mozila Firefox as default browser.
:)

sometimes i use TWebBrowser ability to print, page setup etc. so it doesn't work if default browser is Mozila Firefox.

I hope someone would like to help me to solve my problem.
pleaseeeeee.. :wink:
devkuntz

Postby Johnny_Bit » November 7th, 2006, 10:41 am

Hmm... It shouldn't be problem if any comp is using Firefox as default for your application, since TWebBrowser is ActiveX thing for Internot Exploiter. I assume you use built-in abilities of TWebBrowser rather than external ones. If so, the problem is with how Loosedorks handles ActiveX controls of mandatory system values. Therefore if you didn't -censored- code, then it's systems fault (or microsofties). Perhaps it would be good for you to call default system's external programs for requested web operations and control them within your app, or (the very had way) use gecko bindings for delphi and use gecko as rendering engine.
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby kokkoras » November 7th, 2006, 2:57 pm

AFAIK, printing is not ability of the webBrowser control (that is, TWebBrowser) but ability of IExplorer which is built around webBrowser control. Regarding the TWebBrowser see the following:

From MSDN:

The WebBrowser control adds browsing, document viewing, and data downloading capabilities to your applications. Applications using this control will allow the user to browse sites on the Internet's World Wide Web, as well as folders in the local file system and on a network. The WebBrowser control supports Web browsing through both point-and-click hyperlinking and URL navigation. The control maintains a history list that allows the user to browse forward and backward through previously browsed sites, folders, and documents.

The parsing and rendering of HTML documents in the WebBrowser control is handled by the MSHTML component of Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later. The MSHTML component is an Active Document (also known as a DocObject) that provides support for parsing and rendering HTML, exposes the Dynamic HTML (DHTML) Object Model, and hosts Microsoft ActiveX Controls and script languages. See Reusing MSHTML for details about directly hosting the MSHTML component in your application. The WebBrowser control acts as a container for the MSHTML component and implements navigation, hyperlinking, history lists, favorites, and security. Applications can also use the WebBrowser control to host Active Documents other than MSHTML. This means that richly formatted documents, such as Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or Microsoft Word documents, can be opened and edited in place from within the WebBrowser control.
Fotis
kokkoras

Return to Delphi Programming