Need ADO help

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

Need ADO help

Postby red dawn » March 31st, 2003, 12:26 pm

hey guys, tryin to write an ado connection between delphi and access but i been hittin a few snags.

Basically i'm new to the whole ado connection thing and i could do wit a lot of help, basically i have the connection set up through the ado connectio to my table and the connection test says it was successful, the ado query is linked to the adoconnection componetnt and i have a datesource with the query component set as its dataset. the sql query i'm using has been tested on the target table in access and works fine but my problem is that when the program is compiled i can only view the first record that the sql query retrieves in the combobox that i need the info to appear.

Any help would be apriciated

TIA

Red
red dawn

Postby Kambiz » April 1st, 2003, 4:07 pm

If you have the first record of the query in the ComboBox, the connection is okay. Maybe your code that fills the ComboBox does not work properly.

Kambiz
Kambiz
Administrator
Administrator

Pls Check your Combobox's property

Postby caijiong » May 22nd, 2003, 2:49 am

first ,check that if you use the Data aware Combobox-> DBCombobox
if yes ,note that DBCombobx is used to display Current Record of ADODataset, the content of drop down list is Set by property Items.
If you want to display MulitRecord in drop down list, you must use
DBLookupCombobox and set ListSource to your datasource linked to Query,and set Listfield and KeyField to current field. to learn more pls see Delphi Help on DBLookupCombobx[/u]
caijiong

Return to Delphi Programming