BDE and WinXP

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

BDE and WinXP

Postby ladyubik » August 16th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Hi everybody!
I have got a problem with BDE 5.01.
I updated an application that was for Win98 before, to make it work with Win XP. I didn't change the parts that work on databases. If I run my application by double clicking on the executable, everything works good.
But my application needs to read some data from a database and to write them on a smart card chip. To do it, I must use another application that manages the printer; this application calls mine. When this application (Cim Multicard 2003) calls my program, when I call the open method for a table, I get the error $3E05 "Cannot load driver".
Could anyone help me?? :cry:

Thanx
Sara
ladyubik

Postby MWilson » September 20th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Hi Sara...

I'm getting the same error, but the circumstances are different. I have two Delphi programs which access BDE/Paradox tables. I'm running on a Win2000 system connected to a network, but the Paradox tables are local. If I run Program1 or Program2 by itself, it works perfectly. If I run them together, the second program aborts with the "$3E05 - Cannot Load Driver" error when I open a BDE/Paradox table. It does not matter which of the two programs is run first or which is run second, the second program run always gives this error.

I don't think the error is related directly to the Windows version. Maybe if anyone out there knows what causes the error they can help us both out.

You are not alone. :shock:

Mac
MWilson

Postby Stefan » September 20th, 2005, 3:22 pm

Hi All,

I've been browsing around a bit for this one and it seems there's no -one- clear solution to this problem. Some solutions that have worked for some people in various situations:

1. Reinstall Delphi & BDE
2. Mess about with the SHAREDMEMLOCATION and SIZE parameters
3. Disable the sound-driver (really) and / or printer-drivers and do 2.
4. Check for other BDE versions and delete them (completely) (including versions in different languages) 'till you have but one left.
5. Uninstall XP SP2 (if installed that is ;))
6. A magical one: the SYSFLAGS property. It seems that changing it's value (whilst it being for internal use only) from 0 to 1 or vice versa, sometimes solves the problem. Don't ask me how. I don't know. Nobody does. :)

Cheers,
Stefan
Stefan

Postby MWilson » September 22nd, 2005, 12:09 pm

:D
Thanks, Stefan.

I'll give your tips a try and I'll let you know the results.

Mac
MWilson

Return to Delphi Programming