Froms From a package

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

Froms From a package

Postby werdnareid » March 14th, 2005, 10:09 pm

Hi all ............. i have created a package to hold a could of form that i wish add and remove from a menu on a main mdi app.. the handle for the package and the procedure type are in a data module..

when i run the app the form shows afor a few then dies saying "in valiv pointer operation "

am i trying to do too much or is there a way to make this work .....
Thanks in advance.....
werdnareid

Look at TJVPlugin for dynamic packages

Postby djsmith » March 16th, 2005, 2:38 pm

I am just learning it myself but it looks very powerful. It makes the dynamic loading/unloading of packages just like what you're looking for quite easy and intuitive. To obtain the full benefit you will have to use runtime packages in all modules. This can be tricky if you have a lot of 3rd party packages in your code. I still like it though; I think modularized programming is the way to go.

dj
djsmith

Postby djsmith » March 16th, 2005, 2:39 pm

I forgot to mention: TJVPlugin is part of the Jedi component packages. I don't have the URL handy but a google search should get you there pretty quick.

dj
djsmith

Postby werdnareid » March 17th, 2005, 8:06 pm

I am currently looking into the TJVPlugin components documentation …
I did manage to figure out the problem I had …which was when I load the form the package it would give an error about coinitialize not called.

The fix was to include the Activex unit and do co Initialize () before the function I used to create the form and couninitialize after the function.

I have gotton over the initial problems of calling the form from both a dll and a package
No I am just trying to figure the quirkes as I go along… paclages will load MDIchild forms dll will not. Well as far as I know anyway..

That’s tip should provent you from going thought what I had to…
werdnareid

Return to Delphi Programming