Issues with Form positioning....

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

Issues with Form positioning....

Postby azarroth » May 29th, 2003, 9:08 pm

:| Who knows how to make your app remember the last position it was in. As in if the form was last 500 pixels down and 400 pixels in. you then close the app. upon reactivation it returns to that position. Also to let it remember whether or not it was last maxiimized. I know you can store settings in text files which I do. I have somewhat gotten this to work. the problem I encounter is that my form first wants to restore to the form's designed settings. For instance the form is set to Left = 6 and Top = 12 but then it changes to the settings in the text file where I store the prefs. the problem I am having is that initial jerking movement of app when it initially starts up. I know I rambled and I hope this is something someone has encountered and may share their expertise. Thanks. :|
azarroth

Ok I figured it out

Postby azarroth » May 30th, 2003, 2:25 am

:roll: Ok I figured it out. But if anyone ever needs this if I thought I would post it. You need to put the form positioning code in the OnCreate section of the MainForm. I put it in the OnShow section causing the jerking appearance. :roll:
azarroth

Return to Delphi Programming