Edit Boxes & Buttons...

Please discuss general Delphi programming topics here.

Edit Boxes & Buttons...

Postby inanetreasure » October 20th, 2003, 5:07 pm

:shock: Ok here goes. I just recently started to use delphi 7 at college i downloaded it and now im using it at home, and i have been trying to figure out this:

I want to have a Edit Box in an application and a button next to it, i then ask the user to spell something and type it in the Edit Box and then click the button, if they spelled it correctly a ShowMessage appears with 'Conratulations' on with an option to carry on or try again and if they get it wrong a ShowMessage appears asking them to 'Try Again'.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out on this. If this is not possible just say so:)

Thanks all. :shock:
R.Willywoo
inanetreasure

Postby Johnny_Bit » October 22nd, 2003, 4:52 pm

hmm.. I don't understand you. You want to write program that plays wave with text and check if user good wrote it or wrote it and then check if user spell it correctly?

1st is very easy, but 2nd is more difficult than you think
Johnny_Bit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby pcman » October 24th, 2003, 4:04 am

i then ask the user to spell something

Are you going to ask the user personally or the computer program is goint to do the asking?

If the answer is the program then how many words the program is going to ask (you may need a database or a simple array) ? and how are you going to ask the user, e.g. How do you spell 'Hello'? (the answer is in the question!) or are you going to show him a Wrong spelling then he corrects it? or are you going to use Voice in the program ?

:)
pcman

Return to Delphi Programming